We are DSMN8 LTD and we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
SCOPE OF POLICY
This policy (together with our Terms of Service) applies to your use of:
- The DSMN8 mobile application software (App) once you have downloaded or streamed a copy of the App onto your mobile telephone or handheld device (Device).
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is DSMN8 LTD of Aml Maybrook House, 97 Godstone Road, Caterham, Surrey, England, CR3 6RE (company number 10023376) and we license you to use. Our registration number with the Information Commissioner’s Office is ZA326406.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us (Submitted information): This is information you give us about you by filling in forms on the App or the Sites, or by corresponding with us (for example, by email or chat). It includes information you provide when you register to use the App or the Site, download or register an App, subscribe to any of our Services, search for an App or Service, make an in-App purchase, share data via an App's social media functions including sharing from our App to your Social Media Accounts, and when you report a problem with an App, our Services, or any of our Sites. If you contact us, we will keep a record of that correspondence. The information you give us may include your name, job title, address, email address, phone number, the Device's phone number, age, username, password and other registration information, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph. Information we collect about you and your device. Each time you visit one of our Sites or use one of our Apps we will automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the type of mobile device you use, a unique device identifier (for example, your Device's IMEI number, the MAC address of the Device's wireless network interface, or the mobile phone number used by the Device), mobile network information, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile browser you use, time zone setting (Device Information);
- Information stored on your Device, including contact information, friends lists, login information, photos, videos or other digital content, check ins (Content Information);
- Details of your use of any of our Apps or your visits to any of our Sites and your interactions through your Social Media Accounts including, but not limited to traffic data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access (Log Information).
- Location information. For some features (Events) we also use location technology on your device to determine your current location. Some of our location-enabled Services require your personal data for the feature to work. If you wish to use the particular feature, you will be asked to consent to your data being used for this purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time by adjusting the settings in the App.
- Information we receive from other sources (Other Information). We are working closely with other parties (including, for example, your employer where you are using the App and Service as part of your employment, through business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
- Unique application numbers: when you install or uninstall a Service containing a unique application number or when such a Service searches for automatic updates, that number and information about your installation, for example, the type of operating system, may be sent to us.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
USES OF INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Submitted Information: to verify who you are.
- Device information: to verify what device you are using and to fix errors.
- Content Information: to allow you to share content via the App, the Service and your Social Media Accounts.
- Log information: to enable effective billing.
- Location information including language: to verify where you are when using the app.
- Other Information: We track activity on your social but only in relation to what you share from DSMN8.
- Unique application numbers: to help us offer technical support and fix errors.
We will use data we hold about you to contact you.
We may associate any category of information with any other category of information and will treat the combined information as personal data in accordance with this policy for as long as it is combined. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with anonymous aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We will use the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
You agree that we have the right to disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If DSMN8 Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- To provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post, email or telephone. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box on the registration form or, alternatively, do not provide your consent to pass on those details when prompted.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request. In order to:
- Enforce or apply the Terms of Service, and other agreements or to investigate potential breaches; or
- Protect the rights, property or safety of DSMN8 Ltd our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions carried out by us or our chosen third-party provider of payment processing services will be encrypted using Secured Sockets Layer technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of Our Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Sites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. We will collect and store personal data on your Device using application data caches and browser web storage (including HTML 5) and other technology.
Certain Services include social networking, chat room or forum features. Ensure when using these features that you do not submit any personal data that you do not want to be seen, collected or used by other users.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
We have put in place security procedures and technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal information. Access to all internal data servers is limited to the specialist data protection personnel and is controlled via active directory authentication using defined policies to control password expiry and renewal.
HOW LONG WE WILL KEEP YOUR DATA
We will keep your data all the time you have a current subscription or contract with us. We may keep data about you and data you provide us after the subscription or contract has ended for 7 years.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data or at any other time.
You also have the right to:
- Request access to, deletion of or correction of, your personal data
- Restrict or object to processing your personal data
- Withdraw your consent where the processing was based on that consent, but note that this does not affect any processing not based on your consent
- Request we transfer your personal data to another person
- Complain to our nominated representative in which case we will follow our internal complaints procedure
In each case described above, please contact please contact Alex Rogers using the details set out in the HOW TO CONTACT US paragraph below.
You can also complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office or other relevant supervisory authority.
Our Sites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates (including, but not limited to, websites on which the App or the Services are advertised). If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy policies and that We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as contact and location data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services.
Where you give your consent to us using your personal information, we will use that information as set out in this policy. You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us see the HOW TO CONTACT US paragraph below. Please note, withdrawing your consent does not prevent us from processing your personal information on other grounds, such as to fulfil your subscription.
HOW TO CONTACT US